RIJO Campers Terms & Conditions
a) to book a vehicle, you must complete an application form b) an advance payment of €150 is required for booking, c) the advance payment is not refundable.
Age requirement and driving license
- The lessee/driver must be at least 18 years of age (based on the birth year) and the driving license must be held for at least half a year. The driving license must be presented at the start of the term of the lease. National or state driver‘s license.
Returning the vehicle:
- Lessees valid credit card required. Visa, MasterCard and all major credit cards accepted. The credit card imprint may be used to pau all extra charges, including extra insurance, parking tickets, demages, tank refil or any cost due to the use of the rented vehicle.
- The lessee obligations on the vehicle return:
- With all attachements, including tires, tools, documents and other items that were in or on the vehicle at the start of rental,in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use.
On the date and time specified by the lease,unless otherwise agreed later.
- With a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is returnedwith less fuel than at the time it was picked up the rental agency is permited to charge the lessee for the missing fuel plus a service fee according to the rental‘s agencies price list.
- The lessee signing the contract is obliged to retur the car in the same condition as on the day of rental. Clean outside and inside.
- If the lessee violates the terms of this contract or does not return the car at the time agreed according to lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and and at the lessees cost. The return time of a vehicle is usually chosen by booking the returning date, as shown on the lease agreement. A fee of 30 EUR per hour is charged for a late return.
- No refund is given for an early return of the vehicle.
- If a late return of the vehicle incurs extra costs for us (e.g. compensation of the next lessee/driver), we reserve the right to transfer these costs to you.
- A return of the vehicle is normally confirmed in writing, signed by the lessee/driver and the owner. If it was impossible to make a full inspection, you may be contacted to discuss any damage discovered in your absence as soon as it is revealed.
- The lessee/driver will be charged the Drop Fees (the cost incurred by returning the vehicle to the original collection location) if the vehicle is not returned to the collection point (as indicated on the lessee/driver Lease Agreement) without the written consent of the Owner.
- RIJO campers Company reserves the right to bring additional charges in the case when a rental vehicle is returned extremely dirty inside and outside in this case the rental agent has the right to impose on the customer an additional fee of 100 EURO.
Obligations of the Lessee:
- Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the Owner. If the Lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or more after the term of the lease has expired, the Owner is authorized to demand an extension of the lease by up to 24-hours, under the terms of this Agreement.
2. The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those indicated as drivers on the first page of this Agreement are authorized to drive the Vehicle. The Lessee is liable for any damage resulting from the use of the vehicle for which the vehicle’s insurance company does not pay compensation. This includes damage to the vehicle and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) off-road driving,
b) driving across rivers or any kind of water course,
c) intentional acts or gross negligence,
d) use of intoxicants by the driver,
e) vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of this Agreement.
3. In the event of a collision or accident, the Lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the Owner. The Lessee shall not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
4. The number of kilometers (km) that the vehicle covers during the term of this lease is determined by reading a normal odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The Lessee shall notify the Owner as soon as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the term of the lease.
5. The Owner does not bear responsibility for disappearance of or damage to property that the Lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
6. The Lessee agrees to pay the Owner, upon request:
a) a deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car,
b) any and all expenses incurred by the Owner if they have to bring the vehicle back to their premises, in the event that it has been left somewhere unsupervised, without regard to the condition of the vehicle, the roads, or the weather.
7. The Lessee is not authorized to have repairs performed or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of collateral, without prior consent of the Owner.
8. The Lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws incurred during the term of the lease.
9. The Lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, loan it to others, or sublease it.
For more details, contact us: email@example.com